- (6) Parking Stalls
- 2.5 Miles to Plaza
- Clothes W/D
- Coffee Maker
- DVD Media Player
- Free WiFi
- Gas or Wood Fireplace
- Guest Services
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- House Phone
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Linens & Towels
- No Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed
- Outdoor Grill BBQ
- Premium TV Service
- Stereo Music Player
- Swimming Access
5 ROOMS + REC ROOM, 3 FULL BATHS, SLEEPS 4-10 GUESTS
Riverwood Lodge is an impressive residence with a spectacular riverfront setting, just outside the city limits of Healdsburg. Guests remark about its comfortable furnishings, upscale rustic decor, wonderfully spacious floor plan, outstanding cleanliness, high quality appointments, true riverfront resort style location with a private beach and kayaks, spa and sauna; plus its central location to downtown Healdsburg and all wine country attractions.
This beautiful Wine Country Vacation Home lies hidden at the crossroads of some of the most prized wine producing valleys in the world, and as close as 5 minutes (2.5 Mile) to Healdsburg’s charming, historic Park Plaza, which is the hub of all the excitement surrounding this World Class Wine Producing Region.
Riverwood enjoys a beautiful, private riverfront setting – away from all traffic noise and urban sights and sounds. The stunning riverfront location offers views of lush green mountains, sparkling water, and it’s own private beach. Large wrap-around covered decks provide the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors year ’round, and are furnished for dining and lounging. The very spacious interior has open beamed pine ceilings and an impressive dining room.
From the moment you arrive and begin enjoying the aroma of tall cedars and listening to the babbling sounds of the rapids, you’ll know you’ve come to the right place to relax and unwind. There’s the impression of being ‘far away’ but in reality you are only 2.5 miles from the closest wineries, with nearly 90 more within a 15 minute drive! You’re in the ideal getaway location where you can enjoy privacy and unwind, while being just a mile or two from all the exciting activity in this World Class wine producing region.
At Riverwood, guests will find many choices of places to gather for conversation. This lovely, spacious home has a comfortable circle of leather sofas surrounding the stone fireplace and log mantle. The grand size dining room with its large custom dining table and views of the river, creates the perfect environment for an unforgettable dining experience. In the kitchen guests enjoy a charming atmosphere and riverview, great rustic furnishings.
Overlooking the beach and passing canoes you will find the hot tub – the perfect place to soak and unwind. The cedar sauna (the same top-of-the-line model from Sunlight Sauna as demonstrated by Dr. Oz) is enjoyed by guests, and sits overlooking the river. There are kayaks, a hot and cold outdoor shower, a huge recreation room with an indoor ping pong table.
The mattresses and bedding at Riverwood have been carefully chosen with our guests’ comfort in mind. We offer three king bed rooms with new Cal-King mattresses, as well as rooms with very comfortable queen and full size beds. We have many sleeping options and can accommodate groups of singles with individual beds for up to 10, as well. There are three bathrooms, and a full size washer and dryer. We take care to provide something to interest every age and activity level, with a library of travel and nature books, board games, a checkers table, videos, log bench swing, picnic table under the trees, fishing poles and tackle (licenses required), two kayaks, canoe and life preservers.
Interesting Trivia: Riverwood Lodge was formerly the vacation home of the Oakland Raider’s Super Bowl winning coach, Ollie Spencer. Here he entertained friends and the Super Bowl trophy was on display in the great room.
Amenities & Features
- River rock fireplace (gas) in living room & Central Air Conditioning.
- Indoors, the custom oblong dining table seats up to 12 guests.
- A charming, hand-hewn hickory table and chairs seats 6 in the eat-in kitchen.
- Fully equipped kitchen, including tableware, cooking utensils, refrigerator, range/oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, coffee grinder, blender, toaster and other small appliances; also includes cleaning supplies, and basic kitchen necessities as well as a variety of basic cooking condiments and spices.
- Bed linens and bath towels provided. Hair dryers. Ironing board and iron. Washer and Dryer located in lower level bath. (We use Allegy Guard dust mite barriers and down alternative comforters).
- A play yard/portable crib with sheet and blanket, a high chair and a baby gate are provided at the house.
- Indoor table tennis (ping-pong), and other games and some videos available in the recreation room, as well as a large screen TV.
- FAR Infrared Saunaa
- Hot tub (5 person Marquis spa) with river views, a log swing for two, hammock.
- Weber Gas BBQ grill, dining and lounging areas on covered & uncovered riverview decks and patio.
- Large, covered outdoor deck/patio with glass-topped dining tables and chairs. A picnic table with benches off the lower patio is semi-shaded by fruit trees.
- This is a riverfront home with expansive private beach (with seasonal river levels).
- Two kayaks and a canoe are made available, along with several life vests of varying sizes. Typical boating season is May 1-October 31, depending on river conditions.
- Swimming, rafting/kayaking, fishing and other watersport opportunities abound.
- Two fishing poles (rod, reel, tackle) are provided.
Due to the peaceful and residential nature of our neighborhood no parties or special events are permitted, and the home’s use is restricted to no more than the number of paid guests (exceptions can be made for daytime visitors, please inquire as you will need to receive permission for any extra guests).